Infrastructure Talking Points
- The time is now to invest in America’s infrastructure.
- This is a historic opportunity. The last infrastructure deal with dedicated user-financing was done in 1982.
- President Trump and Congress have the opportunity for a bipartisan deal not seen since President Reagan and Speaker O’Neill structured the 1982 deal, and President Eisenhower built our highway system.
- The federal gas tax has not been increased since 1993 and is not keeping pace with today’s needs.
- The cost of doing nothing is nearly $1,600 per year in wasted fuel costs and car damage from crumbling roads and bridges for the average American.
- Fixing our infrastructure is vital to our daily lives, to our productivity and to the movement of goods and services across the country.
- Other countries are investing in their infrastructure. America must regain leadership by investing in our infrastructure now.